Thursday, September 13, 2007

Superstitions of Bollywood stars

Subscribe to Weird India Subscribe to Weird India in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to Weird India in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to Weird India in MY MSN! Subscribe to Weird India in MY AOL! Subscribe to Weird India in Rojo!

In Indian film Industry "Bollywood", all the stars from Amitabh Bachchan to Sanjay Dutt, and Kareena Kapoor to Govinda — they all resort to lucky mascots, gems, colours and charms. Below are pet superstitions of some Bollywood stars in India:

Bobby Deol: He was extremely superstitious before, but is gradually giving it up. “Earlier, I would touch wood for almost everything and used to keep a block of wood in my bag; not anymore. I wear yellow on Thursdays since I’m a Vishnu( Indian God) devotee, and I won’t get rid of this habit. Fortunately for me, a cat crossing the road has always proven to be lucky,” he says.

Actress Nagma: She waits for someone to cross the road once it’s crossed by the kali billi ( black cat) . And she isn’t the only one.

Actress Riya Sen too believes in this one, along with a few others. Says Riya, “I also believe that making your pets dance, having scissors directly placed on your hand and staying in room No. 13 are all ill-omens. But I can ditch these if I want to,” she says.

Being obsessed with a particular letter are also typical of Bollywood. The K fixation of Ektaa Kapoor, Karan Johar and Rakesh Roshan is well known.

Jeetendra also reportedly changed his name before joining films. The other member of the Kapoor family to have changed the spelling of his name is actor Tusshar Kapoor. But, he says, “I can change it back to the original one and it won’t make a difference to me. I did it since my mom asked me to. I follow tarot card reader Sunita Menon’s advice, but I’m not superstitious otherwise,” he says.

Diana Hayden: She believes in just one superstition. “I throw salt over my left shoulder if I drop some. It doesn’t make any sense, but I can’t get rid of the habit and am very embarrassed about it,” she says.

Aishwarya Rai: She wears huge white lucky stones.

Lata Mangeshkar: She considers her mammoth diamond ring lucky.

Shilpa Shetty: She wears a yellow sapphire after she tasted success.

Kunal Kapoor: He always leaves a bit of food on his plate after finishing his meal.

Weird habits indeed.

Source

Labels: , , , , , ,

Get Weird India Updates by e-mail

Now just type WeirdIndia.com to come to this Blog

Bookmark/Add Weird India to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© WeirdIndia.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Add to Netvibes   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language