Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Deer, foxes, pigeons, crows wait for this 'friend' to bring food

Subscribe to Weird India Subscribe to Weird India in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to Weird India in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to Weird India in MY MSN! Subscribe to Weird India in MY AOL! Subscribe to Weird India in Rojo!
Here is 60 years old Chaganlal Mali, from Bikaner in Rajasthan state of India. Whenever, he reaches the woods every evening, there is a crowd eagerly waiting - deer, foxes, pigeons, crows - for the food that he unfailingly brings them.

Chaganlal, who runs a betel nut shop in the city, has been taking grain and leafy vegetables for his bird and animal friends for the past seven years, undeterred by sweltering heat or severe cold.

He arrives at 4 in the evening and spends four to five hours feeding wild animals and birds in the forested area between Murlidhar Vyas Colony and Naal, about four kilometres from Bikaner, in the Indian desert state of Rajasthan.

'I am doing this for over seven years. I began this when this part of Rajasthan was passing through one of the worst droughts in 2000,' as per Chaganlal.

'I saw many animals dying because of lack of water and food. So I decided to bring these things for them. And since then, it has become a ritual for me.'

He begins his day arranging for the food and water he has to carry for the animals.
'Three or four people help me. We do this out of our love for these birds and animals,' Chaganlal said. 'As soon I reach the forest with food in my hand, the animals and birds, especially the deer and crows, come close to me.

'The animals are able to smell the food and turn up in good numbers.

'I usually take rice, jowar, pearl millet and green vegetables, and they love it. I thank god for giving me the power to do this.

'When I started coming there, a lot of rabbits would come for the food. But now I don't see any. Only the deer, foxes, wild cats, blue bulls and birds come. Maybe the rabbits have fallen prey to poaching,' Chaganlal said.

Link

Labels: , , , , , ,

Get Weird India Updates by e-mail

Now just type WeirdIndia.com to come to this Blog

Bookmark/Add Weird India to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© WeirdIndia.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Add to Netvibes   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language