Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Children of Witches

Subscribe to Weird India Subscribe to Weird India in MY YAHOO! Subscribe to Weird India in MY GOOGLE! Subscribe to Weird India in MY MSN! Subscribe to Weird India in MY AOL! Subscribe to Weird India in Rojo!
Here are Children of Witches who have started a social revolution in villages of Jharkhand state of India. Daughters and granddaughters of women who were once branded witches are coming forward to root out the social evil.

"My grandmother was blamed for everything taking place in the village, be it the death of a cow or a buffalo. One day I decided to stand up against this. When they once came to beat my grandmother, I stood at the doorway and asked them to kill me first. The villagers retreated," Poonam said.

"I took up the matter with the panchayat leaders and argued that if my grandmother could kill anyone, then why couldn't she protect herself from the wrath of the villagers. The panchayat accepted my argument and agreed not to harass my grandmother," she said.

Read full story at New Kerala.com...........Children of 'witches' fight social stigma

Labels: , , , ,

Get Weird India Updates by e-mail

Now just type WeirdIndia.com to come to this Blog

Bookmark/Add Weird India to Favorites 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


© WeirdIndia.blogspot.com All articles in this Blog are subject to Copyright. Copying / Reproduction of these in any form is Strictly Prohibited.

   addtomyyahoo   Add to Netvibes   Subscribe in Rojo   Subscribe with Bloglines   Add to Google

Click on your Country Flag to Read in Your Own Language